A Bayonet Thermocouple is a type of thermocouple which uses a Bayonet type mounting for process connection.
It can be said Bayonet mount or a Bayonet Fastener is a fastening mechanism which consists of a cylindrical male side with pins mounted radially, and a female receptor with L-shaped slot(s) which matches the pins and with spring(s) which forces the parts to stick together.
This type of connection is most commonly found in electric bulbs.Specifications:
1. Thermocouple Type J, K, or N Standard Limits of Error ± 2.2°C or 0.75% (which ever is greater)
2. Thermocouple Type T Standard Limits of Error ± 1.0°C or 0.75%; (which ever is greater)
3. Thermocouple Type E Standard Limits of Error ± 1.7°C or 0.50% (which ever is greater)
4. Thermocouple Type R or S Standard Limits of Error ± 1.5°C or 0.25% (which ever is greater)
5. Thermocouple Type B Standard Limits of Error ± 0.50%
The six standard design's are available to meet the requirements for space conservation while the cap and spring are provided to insure optimum contact with the process. With a pipe clamp adapter, the sensor can also be used to measure pipe wall and bearing temperatures.
These six configuration are divided into two parts:-
- Bayonet on Flex Armor
- Bayonet on Flex Armor with transition
- Bayonet on Spring
- Bayonet Straight
- Bayonet 45° Degree Bend
- Bayonet 90° Degree Bend
1. Adjustable immersion Bayonet Cap On Flex Armor.2. Adjustable immersion Bayonet Cap On Flex Armor & Transition3. Adjustable immersion Bayonet Cap On Spring4. Fixed immersion Bayonet Straight5. Fixed immersion Bayonet 45° Bend6. Fixed immersion Bayonet 90° BendApplications :
1. Used in extruder & Plastic processing industries.
2. These sensors provide accurate temperature control for the best plasticizing combination of plastic material , mold & design.
3. Used in die casting industries.
4. Used in packaging & other industrial sensing application.