After hydro and wind power, the third most important renewable energy source is solar photovoltaic in items of globally installed capacity. This results in the great demand for ‘SOLAR CABLE’. Solar cables are exclusively made for applications in photovoltaic power systems. A solar cable interconnects solar panels and other electrical components of photovoltaic system. These solar cables are designed to be UV & Ozone resistant, Chemical and Oil resistant, with excellent FR properties, propagates smoke with low capacity when burned with external source and contains absolutely ZERO or low halogen. These cable can survive extreme weather conditions. It can be used within a large temperature range and are generally laid outside. These cable can be installed at indoor in hazard area, in explosion areas, in industry and in agriculture. These cables are environment friendly which performs highest standards of application in its diverse usage.
Solar cable must be insulated to withstand thermal and mechanical loads. As a consequence, plastics which have been cross-linkable Silicon / Electron Beam feature are increasingly used. The insulation and double jacketed materials are extremely resistant to weathering, UV-radiation and abrasion . Additionally, it is salt water resistant and resistant to acids and alkaline solutions. It is suitable for fixed installation as well as for moving applications without tensile load. It is especially designed for outdoor use, which means direct sun radiation and air humidity, but due to the halogen free flame retardant cross-linked jacket material the cable can also be installed in dry and humid conditions indoors.
- Weather resistant & UV resistant
- Resistant to mineral oils & chemicals
- Resistant to acids & alkaline
- Voltage rating: 1.5 (1.8) KV DC / 0.6 / 1.0 (1.2) KV AC
- High voltage test 6.5KV DC for 5 minutes.
- Insulation resistance - 1000 MΩ/km
- Spark test - 6000 V AC(8000 V DC)
- Maximum Conductor temperature of operation at 120°C during 20000 hours
- Ambient temperature: -40°C to +90°C
- Generally conforming to National/International standards
- Resistant to Impact, tear & abrasion
- Minimum bending radius - 4 times of overall diameter.
- Safe pulling force -50 N/sqmm.
- DC Solar cable are single core copper cables each for +ve and -ve, They are insulated with cross linkable polyolefin compound and sheathed with halogen free polyolefin compound.(generally conforming to BS EN 50618:2014)
- DC Solar cable are single core copper cables each for +ve and -ve, They are insulated and sheathed with cross linkable LSZH which has UV as well as ozone protection properties (generally conforming to BS EN 50618:2014).
- DC Solar cable are single core copper cables each for +ve and -ve, They are insulated with HR105°C PVC Compound and sheathed with UV Stabilized HR 105°C PVC Compound (generally confirming to IS-694 and IS- 1554 part 1 guideline).
- DC Solar cable are single core copper cables each for +ve and -ve, they are insulated with XLPE compound and Sheathed with UV Stabilized PVC ST2 Compound(generally confirming to IS 7098 Part 1 Guidelines)
- Lasts up to 30 years even under tough external conditions.
- Flame retardant, fire retardant.
- Resists extreme temperatures (-40°C to 120°C maximum at the core) and ozone resistant.
- Fast & Easy installation with color identification.
- In accordance with new environmental regulations.
- Full protection against ultraviolet rays.
- Suitable to common connector types.
- Low smoke emission & low toxicity / corrosivity during fire.
- Solar cables are intented for use in photovoltaic power supply systems.
- Buried in ground for constructional covered systems.
- Used in residential and large scale solar farms.
- Panel to Combiner Box.
- Combiner Box to Power Inverter.
- Power Inverter to Transformer.
Tempsens provide TUV Certified Solar cable in short duration.