Tempsens Instruments India Private Limited (herein after referred as Tempsens) has undertaken/shall continue to undertake appropriate Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) measures having direct, measurable and positive economic, social, and environmental impact on the community with particular emphasis on the local area and areas around where it operates.
Tempsens contributes to the Society through:
1. Health Awareness - Cyclothon
Tempsens organised a "Cyclothon" - for health awareness among Tempsens Employees on 15th Oct.2017. About 250 members including employees and their families participated in this event.
2. Clothing Drive
Tempsens team donated clothes and footware to needy and unprivileged people at Math Madri Kacchi Basti Area on 14th October 2017.
3. Positive Charge Charitable Trust
Positive Charge Charitable Trust @Tempsens Instruments contributes towards various pertinent Social Causes.
- Donation Camps at Tribal Area: Footware donation at Kotrad Village on 29th Dec.2016. Making a difference to the life of people.
- Blood Donation Camps at Tempsens premisies on 28th Dec.2016. More than 70+ Employees have participated in this donation camp.
4. Health Camps, Meditation / Yoga Camps
Yoga Camp by Guru Maa at Tempsens Unit II for 1 week from 9 th to 14th Jan.2017 so that employees can learn Stress management.
5. Health Awareness
Tempsens organised a Walk By the Lake - Marathon for creating health awareness among Tempsens Employees on 9th April 2017. About 180 members including employees and their families participated in this event.
6. Skill Development Programs
As a government of India initiative skill development for youth with the help of MSME we provide apprenticeship training to diploma and ITI etc. and after training we provide jobs to them so that they can earn their livelihood.
Tempsens has been very conscious about environment. Every year,we plant and maintain many trees in and around the premises. We have developed more than 30% of our area in Plantation. Being in industrial area,we plan to increase at least 20% plants every year to keep our factories and surrounding dust free, green and clean environment.
8. Plant Distribution @Tempsens
Tempsens organized a Plant Distribution on Saturday ,8th July 2017. Plants were distributed to our employees and workers who were willing to plant a tree. It was a small effort from Tempsens to make environment greener.
Tempsens team planted few plants in and around the factory.
9. Food for life Drive
Every Saturday we serve food to 250 - 500 unprivileged children of Slum areas.
8. School Uniform Distribution
Distributed School Uniform to Students of Maheshwari Innovative School, Umrad Village, Udaipur.
10. Health Check Up Camps
Organised Health check up camps for production workers. Healthy employees are more productive.
11. Training Programme on CPR and Management of Common Emergencies
Training on CPR and Management of common emergencies was conducted on 21st July 2018 at Tempsens training center for health and safety awareness. Training was given by Dr. Karuna Bhandari, MD (EX -CMO, HZL), Apollo Hospital Outreach Centre, Udaipur. 50+ participants took part in the training.
1. Guiding Principles
Tempsens in its continuous efforts to positively impact the society, especially the areas around its sites and offices, has formulated policies for social development that are based on the following guiding principles:
- Honour the spirit of law and be a responsible corporate citizen.
- Pursue growth through harmony with the community via innovative management techniques.
- Adopt an approach that aims at achieving a greater balance between social development and economic development.
- Respect culture and customs of every project / plant location.
- Work towards elimination of all barriers for the social inclusion of disadvantaged groups - such as the poor, socially backward, differently abled and others.
- Develop practices aimed at inclusive growth.
- Thrust on Environment Protection.
This CSR Policy is applicable to Tempsens, which is mandated with the CSR expenditure obligations as per Sec. 135 of the Companies Act, 2013 read with the Companies (Corporate Social Responsibility Policy) Rules, 2014, as amended from time to time.
3. Focus Areas
Tempsens CSR areas targets inclusive growth of all stakeholders under various categories, mentioned under Sch. VII of The Companies Act, 2013.
These primarily fall under drinking water, sanitation, education, healthcare, social development, livelihood opportunities and environment protection. These are:
- Rural Development Projects.
- Healthcare including sanitation and drinking water.
- Education, Vocational Skills & Scientific Research (incl. Educational Infrastructure).
- Gender Equality & Women Empowerment (Incl. Old age homes).
- Environmental Sustainability.
- Other items as may be prescribed from time to time under Sch. VII of The Companies Act, 2013.
4. Governance Structure
4.1 A three-tier governance structure is responsible for implementing CSR activities at Tempsens. These include the CSR Committee of the Board, Corporate CSR Team, and Operational CSR Teams.
Composition of CSR Committee:
The CSR Committee shall consist of the following:
- Virendra Prakash Rathi
- Pratap Singh Talesara
- Sheela Talesara
4.2 Roles and Responsibilities
4.2.1 CSR Committee shall consist of three or more directors. CSR committee shall be responsible for:
- Formulation of CSR Policy.
- Regular monitoring of implementation of CSR policy.
- Identify key initiatives pursuant to the CSR policy.
- Recommend to the Board CSR expenditure to be incurred.
- Recommend to the Board, modifications to CSR policy as and when required.
Dedicated CSR team shall be constituted at Corporate Office for implementing the CSR Policy. Corporate CSR Team,
located at Udaipur, shall be responsible for:
4.2.3 Operational CSR Team
- Implementation of CSR Policy.
- Identify Key Result Areas (KRAs) and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to be tracked at Corporate level and Operational (plant/project location) level.
- Develop Annual Operating Plan (AOP) and targets against each of the identified KPIs at Corporate and Operational level. (to be developed on a bottom-up basis).
- Secure necessary approvals for CSR AOP
- Facilitating allocation of funds along with relevant SPVs/Operations Team.
- Monitoring of CSR projects on a quarterly basis to establish effectiveness of CSR efforts and report the same to the CSR Committee.
- Compilation of Information & Preparation of annual reports on CSR activities and. presenting the same to the CSR Committee.
- Organize Training programmes for CSR staff.
- Any other activity necessary to ensure achievement of Tempsens CSR mission.
located at respective plant / project locations is responsible for:
- Provide Inputs for the CSR Policy Design.
- Bottom-up preparation of CSR AOPs and identification of annual targets against KPIs.
- Implementation of CSR Action Plans.
- Conduct Needs Assessment Survey.
- Own the CSR Programmes implemented and monitor effectiveness of CSR initiative delivery.
- Monthly reporting on progress of CSR interventions.
- Any other activity necessary to ensure achievement of Tempsens CSR mission
To maintain continuity of community related interventions / programmes initiated during the project development stage, team members engaged in such activities would be drawn in as CSR team members at the project execution / operation stage, wherever possible and augmented if necessary.
Depending on interventions / programmes, external experts shall be engaged on a contract basis for development of baseline data, planning, implementation, monitoring effectiveness of CSR initiatives, etc.